Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Logan is a monster for Halloween this year. Doesn't he remind you of a character from Where the Wild Things Are?




We went to the ward trunk-or-treat party where Logan picked up quickly on what was happening. If you hold out your bucket people will put candy in it, yum. Right at the beginning he reached in his bucket, pulled out a sucker (his favorite), and ate through the wrapper. It was a sticky mess but he was so happy!
I think he really did have a good time. And luckily that evening was cool enough to wear his super warm costume.

Logan wants to tell you about all the other fun things that we have been up to this month...


October 27th was Mike's birthday. Logan helped decorate this lovely wrapping paper for daddy's new skim board.


Mike loves the Office so I couldn't resist making him a Dwight Schrute tshirt (Dwight wears one like this on the fun run episode). Mike is now thirty, ahhh! I think he had a good birthday. We went out to dinner and had peacan pie instead of cake.



Logan insists on going to the park often. His favorite part is the swings. He could do this all day (as long as momma keeps pushing). This day was one of the few days that we have actually needed to wear a jacket outside, which actually didn't last long. We had to shed layers while we were playing.



We went to a fun Halloween birthday party for our pal Audrey(smiling and wearing yellow). Happy second birthday Audrey, we had a blast at your party!



Last weekend we spent the night in San Marcos on our way down to Sea World in San Antonio. This was Logan's face during the whole Shamu show. He was in deep thought and observed the whole thing taking in all the details very carefully.

He really did seem to enjoy Sea World although we didn't capture it perfectly on film. His favorite part was this little foam room where toddlers could run and play.
We wanted to make a Sea World trip again because we thought that the weather had cooled down enough. It was in the ninties as we pulled away to journey back home, can you believe it?


On the way home Mike humoured me and stopped by one of my old mission areas. This was my favorite place to stop and eat. My favorite things to get are the aguas frescas, the fruit cups (which comes doused in lime juice, salt, and chili powder if you wish), and helote (corn on the cobb covered in mayo, parm cheese, and chili powder...like on Nacho Libre, the movie).
We also drove by my old apartment and then we went to a family that I taught's house. The Camachos were an awesome family that I absolutely loved and I was so happy to see that they hadn't moved and are still active in the church. My only regret was not getting a picture with them. What was I thinking? It was seriously an awesome day and Logan was a trooper through it all. On top of all the awesomeness we passed by a Costco on our way out of town and made a quick stop. I love that store! I just wish we had one closer to Waco.



5 comments:

Kelli Radmall said...

Oh Yeah! I am so good at checking your bloggity. I am the first one to comment. Who's your best friend, huh? I LOVE the monster costume he is darling and it's so cute to see him all grown up and enjoying the holiday. Remember when he was an astronaut and Felicity was an egg yolk? Ah. Time flies. Happy Birthday Mike! Skim boarding is fun but I fall down a lot. All I have to say is, "get that corn outta my face!"

Krista Hansen said...

Logan is the cutest little monster! It's fun when kids actually start to understand holidays and enjoy them. A foam room sounds like a good idea for a little boy. Hmmm. Maybe I'll go get some foam.

Elizabeth Moon said...

Cute post! Love the monster costume, where did you find it? So how old is Mike now? I miss you!

Laurel said...

HAPPY! And I'll have to agree with the previous comments: Logan is an ADORABLE monster. I love that kid. And yes, he totally looks like Where the Wild Things Are. :) I'm glad you guys are doing well, having fun, and getting old. (ha!) Love and MISS YOU like crazy!!!

Brooke said...

Logan looks so cute in his little monster costume. :) And Heather would love the Shrute Beet farms shirt! Fun.