Monday, July 16, 2007



What to Do?


This is the blanket that my mom helped me make. It may seem simple but it was more complicated to make than I realized it would be. The backside of this blanket is the best part, it is super soft.

Stephanie helped me find a solid red bumper pad and dust ruffle that would match perfectly for the crib bedding. I have been looking for bedding for months. I just wanted something without the usual cheesy baby boy designs. You know what I'm talking about people: trains and cars, zoo or farm animals, or sports equipment are one's only options. I know this blanket is a little crazy but I have to say it totally suits me. The only problem is finding other baby stuff to match, a mobile, rug, etc.


So here is where the question comes in...


Do I use that as my crib bedding or do I just use this bedding that I found on clearance at target? It has all kinds of stuff to match but it isn't as cute or original. I know it isn't a huge dilema or anything but I want your opinion. If you want to get a better look at this one you can probably find it at target.com. Well, I gotta run Mike is going to finish his thesis right now and he needs the computer.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Love the blanket! I say go with that! I felt the same about baby bedding. Way too much cheesy crap out there. I finally found a beautiful one on potterbarn.com. There stuff is great! really classy and not cheesy. And they sell bumpers, sheets, ruffles, etc. singly!

Mandy said...

Ok I love the blanket too. I say go with what you like best. I wish I'd done that with Alec. I can't tell super well but is that kind of a teal or robin egg blue on the back? You can find tons of stuff that color. And Red is totally easy too. Target picks are cute...but go with your creativity. I love it.

Laurel said...

Ditto on the previous comments. You know I love all those fabrics you and your oh-so clever mom found. I think that even a brown would be really cute, although probably harder to find... You've got great taste, though, so if you and Stephanie found a red set, I say go with that! It turned out so cute!

Stephanie Ford said...

I really think that you could go either way. I love your quilt and the room is already painted blue so you could go with that and buy the red stuff, but you can't even put a quilt in the crib so you could just use the quilt to cuddle in and use the Target bedding in the babies room. Both are cute!

Kim said...

I found some fabric I think you will love...brown and lime green polka dot with other coordinating fabrics. (5 different ones total). You could make another baby quilt. I only bought 3/4 of a yard of each. What should we make?