Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas 2010
Part one

For Christmas we packed up and drove to Utah for the Borup Family Festivities.  It was worth the bajiliion of hours spent in the car.  We built gingerbread houses, went sledding, played games, visited build a bear with nana, shopped, and of course got sick.  Yep, it is a Garner family Christmas tradition, we get sick without fail every year.  

Every year we try to make it to Temple Square for the amazing lights and Nativity presentation.  It is one of my favorite parts of Christmas.   The spirit is always so strong and it gives everyone the opportunity to really think about the birth of our Savior and King.



The Salt Lake Temple takes my breath away everytime I see it. 




Campbell wasn't thrilled about being pushed around in a stroller or wearing his winter gear. 




Here are the Stringhams (my oldest sister Candice and fam). 



We were married/sealed here just five years earlier (Dec. 27). Happy Anniversary Mike! 



Logan had way too much fun playing with his cousin Creed. 



Larry (my brother-in-law) was kind enough to push these fellas around all night. 





Here is my big Sis Stephanie.


Logan




My Dad a.k.a Papa.


This is my Mom a.k.a. Nana.




Logan loves his cousins.  I can't believe how old Grant and Cole are getting! Note the white mouse in Logan's hand.  His name is Squeaky and he is missing.  Somehow he snuck away so if you see him please let us know and sneak him a little cheese.  For some reason Logan is obsessed with this stuffed mouse from Ikea and the good news is they are like two bucks and they have a huge bin of them, the bad news, the nearest Ikea is like six hours away.  We have been through approximately 10 of these already. 



The lights were beautiful and the company was amazing but we missed you Brenna and Eli. 
Afterwards we went to Hatch Family Chocolates for hot chocolate that was to die for.  Have you ever seen the show about the Hatch family on TLC? Anyway the caramel chocolate apples were awesome and the hot chocolate was like liquid candy bars, I strongly recommend it.  It was a great night!

Sorry about the Stroller Stephanie!  I love you!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures. My favorite is grumpy Campbell.

Kim said...

Squeaky is on his way to Canada even as we speak. He was found in the pantry eating cheese. He's so sneaky. Fortunately, he didn't gain too much weight. Shame on him for hiding when it came time for the Garners to leave. He told me he always wanted to ride in a UPS truck. He got his wish! Have a good trip Squeaky. I kind of wish you were traveling in my pocket. I miss my Canadian babies. Besides, Logan made chocolate chip cookies today and I really want one. Were they good Logan?

Unknown said...

. . . and the temple too. Happy anniversary!!

Kelli Radmall said...

Love these pictures and love your new header! Darling girl I miss you BFF.

ec said...

awesome. i love seeing pictures of your sweet family that i hear so much about.

where's part 2?

Kelli said...

Funny about squeaky. T jay had a small sheep from IKEA that he named Uga. Uga has been lost for a good 5 years now. He is remembered dearly and often. T jay always asks me where he must be. You were smart to buy 10 squeaky's! It was great talking to you yesterday! Miss you!

Stamp With Linz said...

Makes me miss you! Saw your mug today on a scrabooking site :) gotta love sisters, right? xoxo
PS You're adorable.